1.1. Thank you for accessing and using the Website of Peugoet Citroën South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 2001/023277/07. In this Website we refer to Peugoet Citroën South Africa (Proprietary) Limited as: "Citroën" or "we" or "us" or “our” or “PCSA” and and as a party accessing and using this Website reference is made to “you” or “user”.
1.3. The access to the services offered by this Website are provided to you on an "as is" and "as available" basis and free of charge, except where another agreement between us stipulates the contrary.
2. Status of Website
2.1. We will use our best efforts to maintain the quality of the services offered by this Website, but you should not assume that the Website is error free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose which you have in mind when using it.
2.2. We, however, provide the information without any warranty, express or implied. We accordingly accept no liability arising from the information being unsuitable for any specific purpose, outdated, inaccurate or incomplete.
2.3. The information, products and opinions expressed on the Website are of a general nature and should not be regarded as advice. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from access to or the use of this Website or the information, content, materials or products appearing on this Website or any links to this Website.
3. Product Information
3.1. The specifications contained on the Website are an overview intended for awareness purposes only and subject to change without notice.
3.2. Dimensions, capacities and performance specifications apply to standard vehicles. For current information and applicable specifications please contact us at the contact details set out in Part G below or your nearest authorised dealer.
4.1. All prices shown are recommended retail prices which are not binding on our authorised dealers or us.
4.2. The recommended retail price includes VAT but excludes dealer delivery and related charges.
5. Intellectual Property
5.1. We retain all copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material, including logos and other graphics and multimedia works published on or via the Website.
5.2. You are only authorised to view and download one copy to a local hard drive or disk, print and make copies of such printouts, provided that:
5.2.1.the material is for personal use and not for any commercial purposes;
5.2.2.any reproduction of our proprietary material from the Website or portion of it must include our copyright notice in its entirety;
5.2.3.you do not distort or otherwise modify the proprietary information in a manner that may be prejudicial to us.
5.3. The logos, trademarks, tradenames shown on the Website are our registered and unregistered intellectual property or that of third parties from whom we have the necessary permission to use the intellectual property. Nothing on this Website should be construed as granting you any license or right to use any trademark without our prior written permission and/or that of third parties, as the case may be.
5.4. We are the owner of the "Citroën.co.za" domain. No other person or entity has any right to use the aforesaid domain. Should you be contacted by or come across any website (other than this one) purporting to be the official website of Citroën, please report this to the contact details set out in Part G below.
5.5. If you submit any content to this Website, you grant us by the submission of such content a transferable, perpetual, worldwide and royalty free license to use the content in any manner whatsoever. If the intellectual property rights of any content submitted by you is owned by a third party, you undertake to notify us immediately of the situation and you indemnify us upon submission against any claims that such third party may bring against us for the use of third party content submitted to the Website by you.
6. Links to other websites
6.1. Our Website, related websites and our mobile app may have links to or from other websites.
6.2. We try to link only to websites that also have high privacy standards, however we are not responsible for their security, privacy practices or content.
6.3. A link from our Website to any other website does not mean that we have scrutinised or endorsed the owners or administrators of the websites or their business or security practices and operations.
6.4. We recommend that you always read the privacy and security statements on these linked websites.
6.5. Nobody may establish a hyperlink, frame, meta tag or similar reference, whether electronically or otherwise to this Website or any subsidiary pages before receiving our prior written approval from us.
7. Monitoring of electronic communications
7.1. We communicate with you through different methods and channels such as email, text message (SMS), social media platforms, on our mobile app, amongst others.
7.2. If permitted by applicable laws, we may record and monitor electronic communications to make sure that they comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities and internal policies.
8. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer
8.1. You use the Website at your own volition and risk.
8.2. We shall not be held responsible for any injury, loss, expense or damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred by you as a result of accessing and using the Website, utilising any service offered on the Website or relying on any information contained on the Website for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to any injury, loss or damage suffered.
8.3. In particular we will not be held liable for the destruction or accessing of your data or equipment, or the data or equipment belonging to any third party used by you to access the Website.
By accessing the Website, you hereby indemnify us, our directors, employees, our authorised dealers, agents and service providers against any demand, claim or action for either direct, indirect, punitive or consequential damages against us relating to or in connection with your use or accessing of the Website.
10. Governing law
South African law shall apply to this entire Website.
11. General Matters
11.1 . We may amend the Website from time to time.
11.2 . By repeatedly accessing the Website, you are bound to the version of the conditions
published at the time of any visit to the Website.
11.3 . If any provision of this entire Website is found to be illegal, void or unenforceable due to
applicable law or by order of a court of a competent jurisdiction it shall be deemed deleted
and the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be
11.4. The contravention of the conditions contained in the Website entitles us to take legal action
without prior notice to you and you agree to reimburse the costs associated with such legal
action to us on an attorney and client scale.
Our Privacy Statement
Peugeot Citroën South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 2001/023277/07 ("Peugeot" "Citroën" or "we" or "us" or "our") includes many different brands, namely Peugeot and Citroën. We are an automobile manufacturer who, including but not limited to, sell, provide services and parts for motor vehicles.
Processing of Personal Information
Depending on how you use our services, we process your Personal Information through the www.peugeot.co.za and www.citroen.co.za sites (the "Website"), our Mobile Applications, our call centres, your attendance at our dealerships, or any other interaction with us which is lawful, reasonable, and relevant to our business activities, with the ultimate goal of improving our product and service offerings, the Website, the Mobile Application and your experience on the Website, Mobile Application and us in general.
Information We Collect and How We Collect Information
We as the Responsible Party use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Website, to develop new services, and to protect us, our services and our users. By accepting these terms, we strive to improve our users' experience.
We may receive Personal Information about you or from you in several ways. We collect Information when you:
● access, or use the Website;
● submit a query via the Website;
● create an account on “My Peugeot”;
● use our “Book Online” function;
● contact us via our WhatsApp line;
● phone us or exchange or send us correspondence;
● submit Personal Information to us for any other reason, or authorize third parties to do so;
● call us and our dealers may be recorded and monitored for security purposes and to assist with staff training, under our quality control procedures;
● send information within our chat function, post or similar functionality; and
● access the Website or Mobile Application, we collect information through analytical tools.
Information collected by us depends on how you use our services, Website and mobile application. Personal information that may be collected includes, but is not limited to:
● Your name and surname, email address and phone number, home address, or postal address;
● Your IP address, unique device identifier, the nature of the devices which you use (e.g. a computer, a tablet or smart phone), the geographic location from which you access the Website or Mobile Application (i.e. the geographic location of your Access Device), hardware model and settings, operating system type and version, browser language, system activity, crashes; and
● Server logs (i.e. our web servers automatically record and maintain a log of their activities when users), which may include your "site activity information", such as details of how, when and for how long you accessed and used the Website or Mobile Application and other site traffic and use information URLs, which pages you accessed, the number of pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on those pages, the number of clicks, and exit pages.
● By using this Website, you consent to the transfer of personal information.
We do not use information collected by cookies to personally identify you. We allow you to accept or deny cookies when you visit our Websites and/or App. Once you accept our cookies notice, you consent to our use of information collected by our cookies.
Cookies are generally used on most websites to improve the users experience by determining preferences and for functionality. If you deny or disable cookies, you may limit your access to certain features on our Website and/or App.
How We Use Your Information
Your information is collected for the following reasons:
● to retain and make information available to you on the Website;
● maintain and update our customer, or potential customer, databases;
● diagnose and deal with technical issues and customer support queries and other user queries;
● operate, administer, maintain, secure, and develop the Website and the performance and functionality of the Website;
● to conduct market research surveys, research and development;
● communicate with you and keep a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
● to create user profiles and to analyse and compare how you and other users make use of the Website, including (without limitation) habits, click-patterns, preferences, frequency and times of use, trends and demographics;
● to analyse and compare the kinds of Access Devices that you and other users make use of and where you are using them;
● for other purposes relevant to our business activities, provided they are lawful; and
● for marketing research (including participating in surveys), product analysis and development, sales tracking, or to contact you for marketing or promotional purposes. We may contact you through various media including by telephone, post, email, SMS, or multimedia messaging service.
As a company, we include many different brands (“Our Group”). We may share your personal information with other entities within our international group of companies, with companies providing a service to us or Our Group including agents and subcontractors, or with our dealers. However, such entities and persons will only use your personal information for the purposes set out above. Please note that, other than the third-parties listed above, we will not disclose your personal information to any other third-party whatsoever without your consent and we will never sell your personal information.
Your information may be shared under the following circumstances:
● to our employees, suppliers, service providers and agents if and to the extent that they need to know that information in order to process it for us and/or to provide services for or to us, such as hosting, development and administration, technical support and other support services relating to the Website. For protection, we will authorise any information processing done by a third-party on our behalf, amongst other things by entering into written agreements with those third parties governing our relationship with them and containing confidentiality and non-disclosure provisions;
● to our affiliates, which includes our holding companies and subsidiaries;
● in order to enforce or apply any contract between you and us;
● in order to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers, employees, contractors, suppliers, service providers, agents and any other third-party;
● to mitigate any actual or reasonably perceived risk to us, our customers, employees, contractors, agents or any other third-party;
● to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
● comply with the law or with any legal process;
● protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, or our customers, employees, contractors, suppliers, service providers, agents or any third-party;
● protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, we may proactively disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and/or commercial entities).
Cross Border Flow of Information
We may share your Information with Our Group which means we will share your Personal Information to our international group in foreign countries.
In order to ensure the protection of your privacy and Personal Information when transferring and storing your information, we will only do so if we have your consent and are bound by contract.
Depending on your privacy settings on social media forums, we may receive personal information or data regarding your social media profiles and online activities.
We take reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity of retained information, using accepted technological standards to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your Personal Information, and protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, alteration or destruction.
From time to time, we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to keep up to date with good practice within our sector.
Even by taking the above measures when processing Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security considerations are 100% successful.
In the event of a data breach which in any way compromises or might compromise your personal information, we will notify you in accordance with our data breach policy. If you have any reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us using the Contact Details below.
We may keep and Process some or all of your Personal Information if and for as long as:
● we are required or permitted by law or a contract with you to keep it;
● we reasonably need it for lawful purposes related to our functions and activities;
● we reasonably need it for evidentiary purposes; or
● you agree to us keeping it for a specified further period.
The Website is not targeted at people under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from persons in this age group without the required consent to do so.
When you provide us with your personal information, you may agree to receive marketing communications from us.
You may refuse to accept, require us to discontinue, or pre-emptively block any approach or communications from us if that approach or communication is primarily for the purpose of direct marketing.
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by requesting us (in the manner set out in the communication or by contacting us at the contact details set out below) to desist from initiating any direct marketing to you.
If you have opted out, we may send you confirmation of receipt of your opt-out request, and not send you any further direct marketing communications.
You are encouraged to check the Website regularly for updates to this Policy.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Information is accurate, complete, not misleading, and up to date.
The following rights are afforded to you in terms of the protection of Personal Information:
● You may request access to your personal information;
● You may withdraw your consent (opt-out) to our use of your personal information;
● You may request to correct or change your personal information so that it is accurate and up-to-date;
● You may request that we delete your personal information; or
● Lodge a complaint with us, however, if you are not happy with how we handle the process, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator.
The use of our Website and/or App is at your own risk. If any risk or loss arises from the use of our Website and/or App or dependency on information on our Website and/or App, you will take responsibility.
We take all reasonable steps to make sure any information and/or content on our Website and/or App is correct and clear. However, we make no representations or warranties (express or implied) as to the functionality, standard, availability, accessibility, and accuracy of our Website and/or App or any correctness of content and information of our Website and/or App. We will not be bound if any representations or warranties are made on our Website and/or App or by our representatives.
If any damage, loss or expenses (direct or indirect), whether consequential in nature, arising out of or in connection with your access and use of the Website and/or App, we will not be liable unless otherwise provided by law.
If we or you do not enforce any right in terms of this Policy, it will not constitute a waiver of that right.
Please contact us at:
● 0860 738 472, on Mondays to Fridays (excluding gazetted national public holidays in South Africa) between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00; or
If you have any queries regarding the access to, correction or deletion of your personal information that we hold, please access our PAIA Manual.
See below link to the promotion of Access to Information Act No. 2 of 2000
Peugeot Citroën South Africa (Proprietary) Limited Copyright and Trademark Policy for Website
Introduction and Scope
Peugeot Citroën South Africa (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 2001/023277/07 ("Peugeot" "Citroën" or "we" or "us" or "our") includes the brands Peugeot and Citroën.
The websites of Peugeot and Citroën (and all related pages) including but not limited to the pictures of all makes of vehicles and light commercial vehicles used on this website, trademarks, trade names, logos, slogans, content, software, text, graphics, designs and service marks or other material contained in or electronically distributed on this website (“Website” / "Website Content") are our exclusive property and protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trademark law.
The Peugeot and Citroën trademarks, trade names logos and slogans used on our websites are all trademarks registered in the name of the various legal entities that are the proprietors of the trademarks in South Africa and other parts of the world ("Peugeot Citroën Trademarks").
Any of the below acts are prohibited unless expressly authorised by us in writing. To obtain permissions for the commercial use of any Website Content you must contact us at email@example.com.
You are prohibited from using, reproducing, downloading, storing, posting, broadcasting, transmitting, modifying the Website, or the Website Content or the Peugeot Citroën Trademarks.
You will not acquire any right, title or interest in or to the Website, or the Website Content or the Peugeot Citroën Trademarks.
You will not make a permanent copy of or reproduce this Website and/or the Website Content in any form whatsoever.
You will not incorporate this Website into any other website.
You will not frame this Website without our express written consent.
You may only print, display or download temporary copies of the Website Content to your computer for your own personal non-commercial use.
Where any of the Website Content has been licensed to us or belongs to any third party, your rights of use will also be subject to any terms and conditions which that licensor or third party imposes from time to time and you agree to comply with such third party terms and conditions.
© 2021 Peugeot Citroën South Africa (Proprietary) Limited. All rights reserved.
CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
1. If you are a consumer, as defined in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 ("CPA"), we have a duty to point out certain important terms to you.
2. The paragraphs which contain these important terms and the reasons why they are important are set out below:
4.1. does or purports to limit or exempt us or any person or entity from any liability (including, without limitation, for any loss directly or indirectly attributable to our gross negligence or wilful default or that of any other person acting for or controlled by us) to the extent that the law does not allow such a limitation or exemption;
4.2. requires you to assume risk or liability for the kind of liability or loss, to the extent that the law does not allow such an assumption of risk or liability; or