ARTICLE 1 - DEFINITIONS
The terms listed below have the following meanings:
"Review": Opinion of a retail consumer customer on: the quality of service of the respective Dealership when purchasing a Vehicle or for workshop services; or the Vehicle.
“Customer experience”: Purchase of a Vehicle or of a workshop service in a Dealership.
“Moderator”: Citroën SA is responsible for the moderation of Reviews and Ratings.
“Rating": Assessing the quality of the Customer Experience when purchasing a new vehicle or a visit to the service workshop. These Ratings are assigned by the author of a Review.
“Dealership": A Citroën dealership participating in the Citroën SA programme to collect and publish Reviews on the Site.
“Site”: The website is accessible at the address https://advisor.citroen.co.za.
“User”: A physical person accessing the Site to provide or submit a Review.
“Vehicle”: New Citroën vehicle connected to a customer Experience.
"Applicable Law": Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013, Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2002, Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 and any other relevant legislation applicable to the Agreement.
"Sales Person": an employee of a Dealership who has sold a New Vehicle or Used Vehicle (Citroën Select) at a Dealership who wished to participate in the process of Citroën SA to collect and publish the review on the Site.
"Citroën Advisor Sales Person": concerns the Reviews about the experience of a Dealership’s Sales Person at the time he/she purchases a New Vehicle or Used Vehicle (Citroën Select).
ARTICLE 2 – PUBLICATION
The Site is provided by PCSA whose principle place of business is at Waterfall whose registered office is at Distribution Campus c/o Bridal Veil Road and Lisbon Lane, Midrand, 1685.
E-mail contact address: email@example.com
Waterfall Distribution Campus
c/o Bridal Veil Road and Lisbon Lane
ARTICLE 3 - COLLECTION OF REVIEWS
3.1 Spontaneous Reviews
a) Citroën Advisor Service :
You may visit the Site https://advisor.citroen.co.za and you may submit a Review and/or read the Reviews left by other Users, about the Dealership and the quality of their Customer Experience.
a) Citroën Advisor Product :
You may visit the Site and all associated mobile applications. On the Site and all associated mobile applications, you may submit a Review and/or read the Reviews left by other Users, about the Vehicle and the quality of their Customer Experience.
To submit a Review, you must complete the following steps:
- Step 1 : you must allocate a Rating to the Dealership or to the Vehicle by hovering over the stars shown, then clicking to confirm the Rating. The stars have the following meaning:
- 1 star : Very poor
- 2 stars : Poor
- 3 stars : Medium
- 4 stars : Good
- 5 stars : Very good
You must then submit your feedback comment and click "View" to go to the next step.
- Step 2: You then view the Rating given and check the comments you have made, making any necessary alterations and then clicking on "Confirm ".
- Step 3 : You must fill in the following mandatory fields:
- First name (provided that the name will be displayed with the Review)
- Name (it being understood that only the last initial will appear with the Review)
- Email Address
- Make / Model of Vehicle
- Vehicle registration
- Date of Customer Experience
- Post code (only in the case of a Review in respect of a Customer Experience relating to an aftersales visit).
3.2 Requested Reviews
As mentioned above, only 1 Opinion per Customer experience can be published, unless you decide to submit a 2nd Opinion in accordance with the provisions of the section below.
Citroën SA may contact you again to ask if you would like to submit a 2nd Opinion. In this case, you will have the choice between 2 options:
- Submit a second Review with the associated Rating, which will be published under the first Review.
- Submit a second Review, accompanied by the associated Rating, that replaces the first Review (Rating and comment).
Only one (1) review per purchase of a New Vehicle or Used Vehicle (Citroën Select) may be published, unless the author decides to file a second notice in accordance with the provisions of the paragraph below.
Citroën SA can re-contact the author of the review to ask him if they wish to file a second review. In this case, the author will have the choice of 2 options: submit a second review with the Associated Note, which will be published under their first review or submit a second review with the Associated Note which cancels and replaces the first review and the first note.
3.3 Statement by Users
By submitting your online Review, you confirm that you:
- You agree to be contacted by Citroën SA and/or the Moderator for identification and clarification if necessary, and the Dealership in order to resolve any dissatisfaction, if required.
- There is no conflict of interest, that is to say, you have no interest in or connection with the Dealership or with Citroën SA (for the avoidance of doubt, employees of any Dealership, Citroën SA and PSA Peugeot Citroën shall be excluded from filing Reviews).
- You have personally experienced the Customer Experience.
3.4 Data retained by Citroën SA
To confirm the authenticity of Customer Experiences and your identity, Citroën SA, records the IP address, email address, name, phone number, postal code, the model and registration of the vehicle, the date of the Customer Experience and the filing of the Review (which shall be retained no longer than authorised legislation). This data is encrypted in a database of Citroën SA.
ARTICLE 4 – MODERATION
The Moderator may reject reviews and Dealership responses if:
- They are contrary to any applicable laws or if they contain inappropriate comment; i.e. if they are abusive, slanderous, libellous, defamatory, threatening, indecent or obscene or infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties (and/or other brands cited), or the privacy of individuals (for example, naming of third parties without their express consent, comments on physical appearance or personality, or otherwise) or contravene any person's legal rights (such as, by way of example only, a duty of confidence);
- They contain confidential information (including, but not limited to, names, phone numbers, addresses, emails, registration, customer number, or bank details), mention websites, or contain hyperlinks or urls
- They concern something other than the service experienced at the dealership (for example, the Review stated concerns the product or technical specifications, documentation, warranty policy)
- They are incomprehensible (i.e. a sequence of words with no meaning, poorly written content to the point of being unintelligible, or written in a language other than English);
- They contain values (i.e. amounts or percentages) concerning the dealership or Citroën SA’s commercial policy (including but not limited to, price, renewal rates, invoice and/or discounts);
- They include a call to action or contain remarks that may result in civil or criminal liability for the dealership or Citroën SA;
- They contain a comment inconsistent with the rating or incompatible with the service (for example, comments regarding the purchase of a new vehicle when the visit was to the service department and vice versa);
- They mention a dealership other than the one which sold the new car or who carried out the service operation (i.e. comparison between dealerships is not permitted);
- They contain concrete evidence of conflict of interest (for example, are written by employees of the dealership, Citroën SA or PSA Peugeot Citroën);
- They have been made by company representatives (i.e. only reviews made by individuals are allowed)
- They relate to a user who has provided incorrect personal information or has not personally experienced the customer experience.
- They are duplicates: same author and same customer experience.
4.2 Rejection of Review
If rejected for any of the above reasons, you or the Dealership will be notified by email, as applicable. Where appropriate, you and/or the Dealership will have the opportunity to file a new Review or new reply within 30 calendar days from the date of the Customer Experience.
The views expressed by Users on the Site do not represent Citroën SA views or values. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any information within your Review and that you indemnify us for any breach of this Article 4. This means that you will be responsible for any loss or damage Citroën SA suffer as a result of anything you upload or post to our Site that does not comply with these terms. Citroën SA reserves the right to remove material from the Site that infringes these rules. Citroën SA has the right to disclose your identity and other relevant information to law enforcement authorities as Citroën SA considers necessary. Citroën SA also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded to our website by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. Your right to use this Site will cease immediately if you breach any of the provisions of this Article. Any content you post or upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and Citroën SA has the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
Citroën Advisor Sales Person: Your Reviews, together with the responses from Dealerships and Citroën SA, may be rejected by the Moderator if they (the following are just examples, and Citroën SA and the Moderator may also reject Reviews and responses for any other reasons, as determined by them in their sole discretion):
- contain information related to the private life (nominative quotation of third persons without their explicit agreement [authorisation to include the first name and last name of the sales person], comments on the physical aspect or the personality, etc.) or confidential information (phones, addresses, emails, VIN, registration, customer file number, bank details, etc.) or mention websites, hypertext links, URLs;
- concern other than the evaluation of the Sales Person’s service when buying a New Vehicle, a Used Vehicle (Citroën Select)
- are incomprehensible (result of words without any meaning, content poorly written to the point of being incomprehensible, written in a language other than English);
- contain quantified data (amount or percentage) on the commercial policy of the Dealer or Citroën SA (delivery, return, invoice, discounted rates, etc.);
- include a call for legal action or contain remarks that may involve the civil or criminal liability of the Dealer or Citroën SA;
- contain a comment inconsistent with the rating assigned or inconsistent with the Sales Person’s rating (examples of rejection: evaluation of a Sales Person when it is a workshop experience ...);
- concern a Sales Person who has not made the sale
- contain specific elements of conflict of interest (the employees of the Sales Outlets, SA Citroën and the PSA Group are excluded);
- are completed by professionals (only the reviews of persons who do not have the status of professionals are admitted);
- relate to a User who has provided incorrect identification information or has not personally experienced the Customer Experience
- duplicate (same author and same customer experience);
- concern a salesman who is no longer part of the staff of the Dealer or who no longer adheres to the Sales Person Advisor Program
In the event of rejection for one of the reasons mentioned above, the author of the Review or the Dealership or the Sales Person, as case may be, will be informed by email. If applicable, the author of the Review and/or the Dealer and/or the Sales Person will have the opportunity to submit a new Review within 75 calendar days (Citroën Advisor Service) or 120 days (Citroën Advisor Vehicle) or 60 days (Citroën Advisor Sales Person) as of the date of the Customer Experience.
ARTICLE 5 - PRESENTATION AND PUBLICATION OF REVIEWS
5.1 – Presentation of reviews
Reviews will be posted on the Site, by default from newest to oldest, within a maximum of 30 calendar days from the date of submitting the Review. The submission date of the Review, the date of the Customer experience, the first name and surname initial of the author of the Review, the Vehicle model and the Rating given to the Dealership or the Vehicle will be published next to the Review. Published Reviews can be sorted by date, Rating or usefulness.
The number of Reviews and the average Rating concerning a Dealership will also be displayed on the website of the Dealership in question, accessible from the Site. However, the detail of the Ratings as well as the content of the Reviews will only be able to be consulted on the page of the Site dedicated to the Reviews of the Dealership concerned.
The number of Reviews and the average Rating concerning a Vehicle may also be displayed on other websites of Citroën SA or Groupe PSA https://advisor.citroen.co.za and the associated mobile applications.
The number of Reviews and the average star rating concerning a Sales Person are posted on other websites of Groupe PSA and the associated mobile applications.
d) Provisions common to Citroën Advisor Service, Citroën Advisor Vehicle and Citroën Advisor Sales Person. Advisor Service, Vehicles and Sales Person will be posted in their entirety on the Site, by default from the most recent to the oldest, within a maximum period of 30 (thirty) calendar days from the date of review completion. The date of submission of the review, the date of the Customer Experience, the first and last name of the name of the Sales Person, the model of the Vehicle and the Rating assigned to the Dealership or Vehicle or the Sales Person is published next to the rating. The Ratings average is calculated as follows:
- Average from 1 to 1,24 = 1 stars
- Average from 1,25 to 1,74 = 1.5 stars
- Average from 1,75 to 2,24 = 2 stars
- Average from 2,25 to 2,74 = 2.5 stars
- Average from 2,75 to 3,24 = 3 stars
- Average from 3,25 to 3,74 = 3.5 stars
- Average from 3,75 to 4,24 = 4 stars
- Average from 4,25 to 4,74 = 4.5 stars
- Average from 4,75 to 5.0 = 5 stars
5.2 – Report abuse
Any person may report, to Citroën SA, a Review or a Dealership response which contains abusive content by clicking on the link “Report abuse". Then simply complete the online form, indicating your full name and email and the reason for the request to remove the Review or the Dealership response.
By submitting this form, an alert is automatically sent to the Moderator who shall decide whether to keep or delete the Review or Dealership response concerned. An email explaining the Moderator’s decision will be sent to the person who reported the abuse.
Also, if the content is considered abusive, the Review or the Dealership response, as applicable, will be removed from the Site and an email will be sent to the author of the Review, informing them of the reason for its removal.
5.3 – Duration of publication of Reviews and Archiving
The author of the Review cannot change the comments once it is published.
Reviews are posted on the Site for a period of 1 year, unless specifically requested by the author of the Review to withdraw it from the Site. To do this, an email must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying the date of the Review, or click on the link in the original email received confirming the publication of his review.
However, the Review will remain registered in Citroën SA’s database of data in accordance with Applicable Laws.
Citroën Advisor Seller:
Reviews relating to Sales Persons who, in particular, are no longer active within a Dealership or no longer wish to participate in the Customer Experience process to collect and publish the Reviews on the Site, will be archived and therefore not available on the Site.
The Review will however remain recorded in the database of Citroën SA.
ARTICLE 6 – DEALERSHIP RIGHT OF REPLY
The Dealership has a right of reply to each Review published about them. As such, they can:
- Provide further details to the author of the Review or give their version of events if they disagree with the content of the published Review;
- Thank the author for their Review.
The response of the Dealership is subject to human moderation in the same way as the original Review. Therefore, the Dealership response may be rejected by the Moderator for the reasons set out in Article 4.
The Dealership responses are posted on the Site during the same period as the Review to which they relate.
ARTICLE 7 - INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You are not permitted to download, copy, modify or use the trade marks, logos and/or trade names displayed on the Site without our prior written consent.
Citroën SA and its suppliers own the intellectual property rights in the software that runs the Site. Save to the extent expressly permitted by applicable laws, you must not copy, modify, download, distribute, decipher, de-compile, interfere with or attempt to interfere with that software without our prior written consent.
Please note that Citroën SA, created and provides the Site for private and domestic use and for the personal information of customers and Dealerships. You agree not to use the Site for any commercial or business purposes and Citroën SA, have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity. No commercial data can be included in any Review without the written, express prior approval of Citroën SA.
Many elements of the Site are protected:
- By legislation, content protected by copyright: this can include photographs, articles, drawings, animated sequences and recordings to digital audio or video format.
- By trademark legislation: in particular the “Citroën” name, the "double chevron" (representing the Citroën logo), the name “PSA Peugeot Citroën" as well as the brands of all vehicle models.
The elements thus protected are the property of Citroën SA, its subsidiaries and/or third parties having authorized Citroën SA to use it.
Consequently, any reproduction, representation, use, adaptation, modification, incorporation, translation, marketing, partial or complete, by any means, in any form and in any medium (paper, digital, or otherwise) of all or part of the Site is prohibited without the prior written permission of Citroën SA.
ARTICLE 8 – PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
8.1 - Personal data
Any data which may be collected via the Site is collected by Citroën SA for the processing of Opinions and may be used by the company, its subsidiaries, its commercial network, any company offering a service on behalf of Citroën SA and/or any company belonging to the PSA Peugeot Citroën Group, for the purposes of sending commercial offers, surveys and analysis.
As part of its business, Citroën SA may need to share the data collected in other countries, one of the purposes for which the data was originally collected or for purposes to which participants subsequently consented. When this data is transferred to a third country, Citroën SA takes all necessary measures to prevent any contamination. The data is transferred only to countries where an adequate level of data protection is guaranteed.
According to the the legislation, you have the right to access and correct information about you and of the right to object to the processing of such information.
8.2 – Cookies
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
ARTICLE 9 – LINKS
ARTICLE 10 – SECURITY
You agree, in your use of the Site, not to carry out any operation that is likely to result in the introduction of computer viruses into the Site or Citroën SA’s or its third parties’ systems. You also will ensure that you do not undertake any other unreasonable action which is likely to result in IT or any other nature of faults, which could affect the operation of the Site or any server or service accessible through the Site. In particular, you agree to only make available, in the space constituted by the Site, information, data, documents and files which are reliable, inoffensive and not susceptible to affect the operation of the Site or any server or service accessible through the Site.
Consequently, you must not misuse the Site by introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence and Citroën SA will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and Citroën SA will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
Your use made of the Site or any server or service accessible through the Site must comply with Applicable Laws and international laws and regulations currently in force, as well as the rights of third-parties, and must not negatively affect the reputation or brand of Citroën SA in any way or form. In particular, you agree to indemnify Citroën SA against any third-party action linked to the content of the information made available by you pursuant to the Site, in particular those resulting from an infringement of: any rights, intellectual property rights, public order, common decency, respect for privacy (image rights, etc.) or the penal provisions of Applicable Laws and/or international rights. In this respect, you agree to indemnify Citroën SA against any costs, charges and expenses that would be incurred as a result, including the fees and reasonable expenses of Citroën SA’s legal advisors.
Although Citroën SA uses reasonable anti-virus measures in respect of its systems and the Site, it does not provide any assurance that the Site will be secure or free from viruses, so you must ensure that you have reasonable anti-virus and security software on your computer systems and other devices which interact with the Site, as Citroën SA cannot provide any assurance that the Site will be virus free. Consequently, there is always the risk of data loss and data corruption on your devices and other equipment which you use with the Site. Therefore, Citroën SA will not be liable to you for any viruses, or any data which you lose or which is corrupted resulting from the use of the Site. You must therefore have a good daily back up of your software, files and data in place, in case any of your data becomes lost or corrupted, or you are infected by a computer virus.
ARTICLE 11 – LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You accept that the Site is being made available for personal, domestic, consumer use, and not for any of your business purposes. PSA Peugeot Citroën Group will not be held responsible for any damage directly or indirectly caused, such as, damage, loss of data or programs, or financial losses arising from the use of the Site or other websites which are linked to it.
The Site is accessible via the Internet network. In this respect, a reminder is issued that the Internet is an open and informal network, constituted by the interconnection on an international scale of IT networks. The management of the Internet is not subject to any central entity and each portion of this network belongs to an independent public or private body. Its operation is therefore based on the cooperation between the operators of the various networks, with no obligation of supply or of quality of supply between operators. The networks may have unequal transmission capacities and their own policies for use. No-one can guarantee the correct operation of the Internet as a whole. Therefore, Citroën SA assumes neither responsibility for, nor a guarantee in the event of poor operation of, the Internet (transmissions delay or any other malfunction).
As Citroën SA is not charging for access to the Site, Citroën SA is not providing any assurances about the uptime or availability of the Site. Furthermore, you accept that there may be times when there might be outages in the Site’s availability.
You acknowledge that transmission of data using the internet is not guaranteed to be secure, so please bear this in mind when using any of the functionality of the Site.
Citroën SA will not be held responsible by you for any losses resulting from damage, infection or corruption caused to your devices, including without limitation, any loss of data or software, or financial losses arising from the use of the Site.
Citroën SA is not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen, or if at the time the contract was made, both Citroën SA and you knew it might happen.
Citroën SA is not liable for your business losses. Citroën SA only makes available the Site and associated services for personal, domestic, consumer use. Consequently, Citroën SA will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If Citroën SA or the PSA Peugeot Citroën Group is found liable for any loss which is not lawfully excluded or limited, then where it is lawful for PSA Peugeot Citroën Group to limit its liability to you, it limits its liability to a total of ZAR 100 (one hundred rand), to reflect that this Site is being provided on a free of charge basis to you. If you feel that your use of the Site may result in you losing more than this amount, then you must not use this Site.
Citroën SA and/or Groupe PSA does not exclude or limit in any way its liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
ARTICLE 12 – SUSPENSION OR UNINTERRUPTED OF ACCESS TO THE SITE
Citroën SA is entitled to suspend or stop your access to the whole or part of the Site and its associated services at any time, temporarily or on a permanent basis, if:
- It is no longer able to provide the Site or associated services; or
- You fail to comply with the General terms and conditions of use; or
- It is necessary to undertake any maintenance activities in respect of the Sites or its associated services or infrastructure; or
- It is necessary to update the Site to reflect changes in relevant laws or regulatory requirements.
Citroën SA does not charge for access to the Site. Therefore, Citroën SA does not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Citroën SA may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons. Citroën SA will try to give you reasonable notice of any material suspension or withdrawal.
ARTICLE 13 – APPLICABLE LAW
ARTICLE 14 – UPDATES TO THE SITE & GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE